Sunday 16 February 2014

A Quayside Walk

For the first time in ten years I am alone in Paris for five days. No kids. No Other Half. It feels a little odd and very quiet, but okay. I headed out yesterday afternoon, without a plan. As I walked up Rue Joseph de Maistre the 95 bus drew up at the bus stop I was walking past. I decided to hop on and head towards the river. Sometimes when I take photographs I am looking for a particular theme to capture. Sometimes I have no particular idea in mind. Yesterday was like this, I was waiting to be inspired. I got off the bus at the Louvre and headed down towards the river. It had been grey and dull all morning but when I reached the river the sun was coming out. The light was beautiful, fresh and crisp.

Here is a photo taken from the quai by the Musée d'Orsay, looking towards the Louvre and the Quai des Tuileries.



Down on the Quai des Tuileries that runs along the Rive Droite the water was lapping over the edges of the walkway.


I love the different textures of stone and iron, enhanced by the low winter sun.


The shadows were so sharp. The colours so soft, gentle and soothing. 



A crow caught my attention, though it was never still for more than a few seconds and I had to be quick.


This cat shadow was easier to capture!


More photographs from my stroll can be found on my Flickr account, here (thumbnails) and here (slideshow).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.