Saturday 4 September 2010

An early morning stroll

Yesterday morning after I dropped the kids off at school I decided to go for a walk up to the Sacré-Coeur. The weather was perfect, not a cloud, cool and fresh. I zig-zagged my way up 'La Butte', up the little roads and flights of stairs. I was alone. 


On my travels I came across a cat, both real and painted. When I got up to Place de Tertre I was amazed at how quiet it was. The quietest I ever saw it was one November evening at about 2am. You could actually see the whole square and see how beautiful it really is. The sun coming up behind the Sacré-Cœur was very serene. I love the way the Sacré-Cœur suddenly appears, looming up behind the buildings that surround it. Stall holders were setting up their goods...most of the benches were empty, as was the round-about at the bottom of the Sacré-Coeur stairs. 


What a great start to the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.