Saturday 29 December 2012

Sunrise in Paris

The winter solstice is behind us and the days are getting longer again. Dieu merci! One payback of the dark mornings is that I sometimes get to see the sunrise in Paris. I'm unlikely to catch it in the summer months after all. The chances of me being up on La Butte at 5h30 are slim to say the least. 

I love to walk up the back of the hill towards Parc Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet Dit Parc de la Turlure (a park just north/east of the Sacré Coeur at the corner of rue de la Bonne et du Chevalier de la Barre). This park was created in 1998 and was apparently the site of a former windmill called the Moulin de Turlure functioning between 1770 and 1820.

If I time it right, and the weather is good I see this as I enter the park.


And then this.


I love the way the Sacré Coeur changes colour depending on the weather and light. Here she, a warm pink.


Walking round the to the front of the Sacré Coeur I see the sun through the trees.


And then through a lamppost...to clarify, this lamppost is not on, the glow is the sun's work.


Looking back I was surprised to see the usually grey white stone of the Sacré Coeur glowing a warm orange.


Right, time for coffee, see you later!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your shots of, and insight into, the fabulous city of light are always very, very welcome, cherie.

    Wishing you every happiness in 2013.

    Fhina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, what a lovely comment! Wishing you all the best for 2013 too, BB.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.