Sunday 8 December 2013

It Was So Nice I Went Up Twice.

Today was beautiful. Clear skies. Cool but not freezing. In the afternoon I had an hour to myself so walked up 'la Butte' and admired the views of Paris. You could see for miles. 


The beautiful winter light fell onto the Sacré Coeur and making it look golden rather than white.


I had to go home before the sun set but decided to come back up the hill later to witness it. I'm glad I did.





The park in front of the Sacré Coeur was still open so I was able to descend the hill while savouring the view and the last of the setting sun.


The manège at the bottom of the stairs was still running.

I resisted the urge to have a go myself and took pictures of it spinning instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.